Raven

Raven
kaaaa

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The proof is in the parking





An official in Shijiazhuang, China, told Agence France-Presse in December that the city's new "women only" parking lot was designed to meet females' "strong sense of color and different sense of distance." That is, the spaces are 3 feet wider than regular spaces and painted pink and purple. Also, attendants have been "trained" to "guide" women into parking spaces. [BBC News, 12-28-09]

I am going to keep a copy of this article on me so that the next time someone is accused of being racist for saying Asian women can't drive I can prove that their own government recognizes the problem.

2 comments:

  1. Why you picking on Asian women ? You needn't go that far...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, later that day, I was in the car while my grandfather was driving and he eloquently explained to me that all women can't drive...so I guess you and I are in the same circular moving slowly sinking boat.

    ReplyDelete